Urgent Care Specialist
Sometimes an illness or injury needs immediate care that cannot wait for an appointment. People First Urgent & Primary Care treats urgent medical conditions that are not life-threatening for patients in Millington, Tennessee.
Urgent Care Q & A
People First Urgent & Primary Care
What is urgent care?
Urgent care centers allow a patient to walk in and be seen by a healthcare professional, without an appointment, for non-life-threatening and urgent medical needs; though not life threatening, this medical need still requires care within 24 hours. Because situations requiring medical attention don’t always occur during business hours, most urgent care centers like People First Urgent & Primary Care, offer extended hours.
When should I visit urgent care versus the ER?
Knowing which option to choose when you are injured or experiencing a health issue isn’t always obvious. Emergency rooms treat severe, life-threatening conditions. Urgent care centers treat non-emergency medical conditions that need expedient action.
Visit an ER if you have any of the following symptoms present:
- Signs of a heart attack, severe chest pain/pressure
- Sudden or unexplained loss of consciousness
- Signs of stroke
- Severe head injuries
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden shortness of breath
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Sudden and severe abdominal pain
- Suicidal feelings
- Partial or total amputation of a limb
- Sudden severe headache
- Large open wound
- Severe bleeding
- Spinal injuries
- Vaginal bleeding with pregnancy
- Serious burns
- Alcohol or drug overdose
What does People First Urgent & Primary Care offer?
The team of professionals at People First Urgent & Primary Care can diagnose and treat many medical conditions including but not limited to:
- Colds, coughs, and sinusitis
- Flu and flu-like symptoms
- Sore throats
- Ear pain; ear wax removal
- Ear infections
- Minor eye injuries and infections; pink eye
- Minor injuries; bruises, cuts, and burns
- Sutures, staples, Dermabond of lacerations
- Insect bites and stings
- Allergy symptoms
- Allergic reactions
- Skin infections and abscesses
- Upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation
- Pregnancy testing
- Closed fractures and sprains
People First Urgent & Primary Care offers urgent care treatment for patients of all ages in a welcoming environment. On-site x-rays and expedited labs allow the staff to quickly diagnose patients to get them treated and on the road to recovery.